What Is Buccal Fat?
The fat pads inside the cheeks which make your face look fat and round are called buccal fat. Some times they are tending downward the face which make the face look saggy and upset. Removing the buccal fat, the face looks slimmer and the structure will be improved and enhanced. The buccal fat’s size is different for each person, even in each cheek.
What Is Buccal Fat Removal Surgery?
The doctor makes a small incision inside the cheek and extracts the buccal fat. This surgery is completely outpatient and done with local anesthesia. You don’t need to be hospitalized after the surgery. The stitches are absorbable and don’t need to be removed. There will be no incision or wound scars on your face.
Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
Although you will not be hospitalized, you will be monitored for a few hours so that your condition is stabled. It is normal to feel a little pain and discomfort in the first few day. They will go away with prescribed medications. You may have a little bleeding in the surgery area in the first or second day.
Why Do We Have Buccal Fat?
Buccal fat piles in the cheeks due to|:
- Overweight and limited activity
- Alcohol over use
- Particular health conditions and diseases
Buccal Fat Removal Benefits
- Volumed cheekbones
- Facial contouring with more apparent structure
- Facial form rejuvenation
- More attractive facial appearance
- Boosting self confidence
Buccal Fat Removal Is for People who:
- Have puffy cheeks and buccal fat.
- Are overweight due to inheritance which hasn’t changed by time.
- Don’t have a particular health condition or chronic disease
- Have extra facial fat more than the beauty standards.
- Their cheek and chin structures are filled with fat.
- Have a round face.
- Don’t intend to go on extreme diets or weight loss programs.
- Like to remodel their face and enhance its structure.
- Are between 20to 60 years old.
Buccal Fat Before Care
- Informing your doctor about your medical record
- Informing your doctor about your medication allergies
- Stop taking aspirin a week before the surgery
- Stop smoking a week before the surgery
- Using mouthwash for a week before the surgery
Buccal Fat After Care
- Following the doctor’s instructions and after care points
- Eating liquid and soft foods in the first 3 or 4 days
- Not moving the jaw and mouth more than necessary
- Using mouthwash liquid after each meal
- Taking the prescribed antibiotics
- Keeping your head in a resting position
- Avoiding smoking
- Not touching the stitches
- Avoiding exercises and activities that hit the face
- Using the compression cloth as prescribed
Buccal Fat Removal Results
It is safe to say that the results are permanent. Fat doesn’t pile in the operated area again. The results lasting time depends on the patient’s diet, life style, physical condition, weight changes, and other factors. The actual result usually becomes completely obvious after a few months. Gaining or losing weight after the surgery affect the result.